30 November 2010

God Must Be a Steelers Fan

I have put up with athletes for years thanking God for a fine performance; a touchdown, a homerun, a GOAL. This past weekend in the NFL takes the cake. I have had enough of the God crutch these players rely on. No question of their free exercise of faith; what I do take issue with is blaming the Almighty for dropping a pass in the end zone. It was an easy catch that would have won the game in overtime for the virtually winless Buffalo Bills against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. Wide receiver Stevie Johnson bitterly blamed God for the loss. Later he “tweeted:”

I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO...

Blasphemy!

Next time I see someone “cross” themselves in the end zone, I am changing the channel.

Stay tuned

©2010 Aircheck blog. All rights reserved.

No comments: