28 July 2011

More Random Musings

Trust me, in no way will I poke fun at the less fortunate. But, the other day (hand to God it is true) my wife saw a somewhat well dressed girl standing beside the road displaying the ubiquitous will work for food sign while texting on her smartphone.


Now a little confirmation on the demise of traditional radio.

We bought our son a tee shirt that included a free FM radio and ear buds. Long story short, Luke loved the radio. “Daddy,” he said “You won’t believe all the songs I’ve got on my new iPod.” He continued, “I even got the news on this thing!” Granted, the radio’s shape mimicked a common mp3 player; but, in the mind of my sweet 7 year old, the vast variety of music on his new toy must have been downloaded.

Further confirmation:

Ray 80s iPodTwo years ago I Facebook posted an old photo of my cousin listening to a Walkman style radio/cassette player. A young lady in his church youth group innocently inquired if the device in this picture from 1988 was his iPod.

Man, am I old.

Stay tuned.

No comments: