30 April 2009

End of the GRIN

I owe you all a debt of gratitude for trying out our Internet Radio station called the “GRIN”. I have enjoyed presenting great Gospel Classics over these last two months. From the very beginning it was a grand experiment in what I could do for as little expense as possible with a new kind of radio.

I’ve got from it a new perspective on what it takes to run a 24 hour business as the one and only employee. Unless you count my alter ego, Jim O’Neal. I have a similar feeling as I did back in ‘93 when I left WBKI. (see below) However, this time I leave much more fulfilled. I am elated to see what God has in store for me as a blogger and podcaster as I continue onward and upward for Him.

The GRIN is a wonderful idea that will live again in another form. It just can not continue it in its present configuration. You see, the service that hosted the station was free in exchange for ads they placed on the radio page (which were OK for the most part.) The issue I had with them is that it was prone to crashing very often. Sometimes the problem would be on this end was an old computer with limited RAM using free (cheap) software and other times the fault would lie with the service. The software I was stuck with was designed for amateur broadcasters with limited experience in media. The GRIN had absolute zero budget to make improvements in a more professional direction so daily operations were a challenge. Not being independently wealthy I have to bring the GRIN to an end, for now. I will continue with the Gospel Rewind Podcast playable here on the blog. Until next time, may the Good News of the Gospel go with you.

No comments: