16 March 2010

Living the Dream

A year ago this week I began a new radio station on the Internet called the GRIN, or Gospel Rewind Internet. It featured classic Gospel songs that covered a twenty year period from about the mid 1960 to the late '80's. We were about 70% Southern Gospel with some light CCM, Country and mainstream Gospel. GRIN was a hybrid based on the format of my first radio home, Gospel 90. At that station I was allowed to play broad range of songs now considered classics.

Technical issues plagued the GRIN. Hosting a 24 hour web radio station from my home computer I naturally blamed my equipment for the constant downtime and made the decision to kill off the GRIN after only a month and a half. Ironically, the problem was discovered in July of 2009; a bad modem supplied by my local phone company. It was a discovery made three months too late. Oh well, it's nice to live your dream; if only for a little while. Below is a sample of the GRIN in this netcheck. This is the first live show. Please allow time for the mp3 to load, it is a big file.
  
©2010 Gospel Aircheck. All rights reserved.