16 April 2010

Where's the Reset Button?

I've been a bit leisurely lately. This blog has not demanded the attention as it once did. That might be a good thing,

Over my 44 years I have seemed to go through many fads not staying with them long. As a youth I played sandlot football and became obsessed with the sport; parental oversight prohibited me from actually playing in high school. "You could get hurt," my mother would often warn. Compliant children such as I listened only to regret much later what NFL franchise would have beckoned. In reality, officially competing would have been too much work  for a clumsy nonathletic clod. I went through many phases: gym memberships, tennis, bicycling, on and on. Finally, I decided that "bodily exercise profiteth little" so after a few years the fitness craze languished. I realize today that taking scripture out of context can be counterproductive. 

With my pollen filled lungs I have decided to be more proactive with my health lately. It may be a phase; but a 40 year age gap with such young children it's apparent that we couch potatoes must abandon leisure and get with the program. Wish me luck. Summer, here we come!

Stay tuned.

©2010 The Peanut Whistle. All rights reserved.

No comments: