03 May 2011

Digital Dilemma

I sound like a broken record (pun), but this present technological day and age still amazes me. Generally speaking, the “future” has always been fascinating. I became a radio Disk Jockey and button pusher for an AM radio station at a very young age. Analog sound was a mature technology. Digital audio was in its infancy. At that time newer was better to me.

Move ahead 27 years. Newer is not necessarily better, it’s just smaller. Look around; our Star Trek devices have become much smaller. Arguably, a vinyl record album may sound better than a downloaded track, but you can’t play a record in your minivan. I am willing to make the audio quality tradeoff for portability. Thank you very much.

Stay tuned

©2011 Neal Rhoden. Aircheck Blog. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: