31 May 2011

K1000

DSC00251Long time readers of this blog know of my leanings to, shall we say, living frugally. To put it another way: I’m cheap. How cheap? I’m so cheap that I have Goodwill on speed dial. What you may not realize is that I will not sacrifice quality. Recently, while thrift store shopping, my hand fell on a camera. It was heavy. An old school manual 35mm film camera. It was a very good Japanese make that appeared to be like new. I turned it over. It was $3.88. An SLR under 4 dollars? This was too good to be true. Did I buy it? Does a dog’s lips move when he reads?DSC00249

Of course I did. I had another SLR that I paid about $800.00 for in 1988. It was a Canon EOS that took great pictures, but had very few manual features. The Pentax K1000 I bought at America’s Thrift Store in Marietta, GA is a photographer’s camera: no automatic anything. I love it! So far there is nothing wrong with it and it takes great pictures.

Stay tuned.

©2011 Neal Rhoden. My Aircheck Blog. All rights reserved.

No comments: