07 February 2010

Super Sunday

What are your predictions for tonight’s game? I’ll go out on a limb; the Who will probably sing 3 numbers and break a guitar on stage at half time. There will be some funny new commercials. And, if you’re lucky, there will probably be a football game.

The Super Bowl is usually a very one sided affair and often a boring game; last year was an exception with the Steelers exciting 27 – 23 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.

I am thrilled that the New Orleans Saints made it this year despite my sworn “hatred” for the franchise that has been rivals of my beloved Atlanta Falcons. Following a remarkable recovery from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina the Big Easy has bounced back nicely with a team the city can be very proud of no matter what the outcome tonight.

My wishful thinking prediction has the Saints winning by a field goal in overtime. Peyton Manning and the Colts are going to give Drew Brees and the Saints a real nail-biter. If New Orleans expects to win then they must play a flawless 4 quarters. If not, I give the Indianapolis team the victory 35 – 24.

Stay tuned

No comments: