17 September 2010

Save Them LORD

“Pass me not, Oh gentle Savior / Hear my humble cry / While on others thou art calling / Do not pass me by”

In our Christian parlance getting saved means confessing one’s sins, repenting and accepting Jesus Christ as a personal savior. In other words, born again. Music is often a topic of discussion with Angie and me. Even though I am ten years older than my wife, we share common musical tastes. From time to time we will wonder if some of our secular music heroes are “saved.” We’ve determined that many secular performers are Christian; they’re just not singing or performing gospel music. What a shame. Don’t get me wrong, secular music is not evil. I would just like to hear these amazing talents used for His service.

There are widely reported examples of singers who “got saved:” Bob Dylan, Lou Gramm of Foreigner, and others. Not that we only pray for famous people, far from it, we would like everyone to believe. I think a good many may already be Christians—just not obviously so. What I am trying to say is how cool it would be to hear a gospel album from Eric Clapton! Even though in his recent autobiography the guitar legend made a somewhat vague declaration of faith. Let’s see a more overt testimony, please.

Stay tuned

©2010 Neal Rhoden. Gospel Aircheck blog. All rights reserved

No comments: