07 September 2010

Titanic Rant

We just wrapped up a decent restful weekend: a lazy Saturday, great Sunday service followed by a cookout at the in-law's, then an enjoyable day with the family on Labor Day. What more could I ask for? These are the things that keep me sane; they take my mind off the stresses of being a dad. 

Previously on Gospel Aircheck I reviewed a morning show that a former radio station home does. I have listened in occasionally via an Internet stream. It starts my weekdays and I have to admit, it has grown on me. The hosts provide some laughs, both intended and not. It is hilarious hearing the awkward way this former gospel station handles their new secular oldies format. The Christian owned station is out of their element. And that is their charm. I'm counting down the days until this new enterprise tanks. Changing the format is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. How long it will take to sink remains to be seen. I do not judge anyone on their musical preferences, but drifting away from a gospel format into mainstream popular (read: secular) music dilutes their Christian principles, period. No more will be invested in this topic. I'll step down from my soapbox now.

Stay tuned

©2010 Neal Rhoden,Gospel Aircheck. All rights reserved.

No comments: