06 December 2010

Stage Freight

Mattie Wee Singers 2010Yesterday was a blast. At the risk of bragging, my kids really did their old man proud. First, Sunday morning, my four year old daughter was superb as a singing “bible girl”. Although she was a statue for most of the performance, my little Mattie glowed. She knew her part very well but succumbed to stage freight.

Later, in the evening performance, the first through sixth graders had their Christmas play, Arrest These Merry Gentlemen. My two middle kids then had a turn. My daughter Abbey, 7, delighted us with an uninhibited solo of an original song, He is the One, from the play. My son Luke, who is six, played multiple roles singing and signing (as in, using American Sign language) like an expert, without fear. I can’t wait to see how these talents develop over the years; their dad (just like my baby daughter) never mustered up enough courage to perform live, especially as well as they. Congratulations, little ones.

Stay tuned

©2010 Neal Rhoden, Aircheck blog. All rights reserved.

No comments: