31 March 2009

The GRIN

It's like I never left Gospel radio. I am so thrilled. If you follow the Eagles of Classic rock fame you'll know the line from the Hell freezes over album, to paraphrase, "We never broke up, we just took a 20 year break." Well, I can identify now. I never left radio, I just took a 14 year break. The GRIN puts me back in the air chair. I never lost my desire to minister through presenting the inspirational recordings of others. The only difference now is that I have matured to a point that I would have envied as a younger man lacking any real world life experience. I've been married, twice. Seen prosperity and lack, but never have I been out of His care. Praise God. My relationship with Christ is richer now and I do not shy away from referring to Him on the air as I once did. 

If you ever met me personally and did not know of my radio passion you'd think I was very shy. But, when I get behind the microphone I loose my inhibitions; somehow I'm bold betraying the timid Neal.

Angie, the love of my life, my best friend and wife of 8 years is a great support. Her entusiaism for my dream has been above and beyond the call of duty. She understands that this radio venture will take a little time to blossom into what I've envisioned. Thank you so much, my love.

If you haven't heard the station, why? It's on the Internet 24 hours a day with some live shows featuring yours truely. the address is http://gospelrewind.listen2myradio.com  Tune in. Untill the next time may the Good News of the Gospel go with you.

No comments: