12 March 2009

Radio "Daze"



Have you scanned your radio dial recently? Yeah, well I thought not. Radio is becoming a thing of the past. Our kids today have many more choices than we did. Ipods, digital downloads, Internet and God knows what else. I love the radio medium and at one time saw it as a powerful witness for the Gospel. In a way it is still viable, but how can it compete. 


That's why I've pretty much dismissed terrestrial broadcasting altogether. I think Internet broadcasting may be the way to get the Good News to the people. On the horizon in say, the next year and a half, is WiFi Internet radio. You'll be able to get 10,000 plus stations absolutely free! Satellite radio didn't catch on because it was subscription fee based and conventional broadcasters were not threatened. Now the same folks are shaking in their boots because all of a sudden the air is going to be much more crowded. Much as the transistor radio boosted listenership in the 1960's this new technology will bring net radio to the masses.


That's where I come in. Over the last couple of days I've been talking to various companies that provide the servers for live streaming audio. It's not all that expensive to get started when compared to regular radio. I am excited to report that the new Gospel 90 is slowly becoming a reality! Right now I need people; investors, talent, sales people, you name it. I will format the station to the unchurched, the believers and the seekers. We will feature all kinds of Gospel music. I'm preparing some audio examples that will post soon. May the Good News of the Gospel go with you.


No comments: