20 March 2009

My New Radio Home

It has been 18 years since I left WDCY radio in Douglasville, Georgia. It was the last radio home that was a full time situation for me. As I wrote before, this is remembered not very fondly due to internal staff conflicts. The Gospel was only a product sold by  that mostly non-Christian staff; a group of folks that would have switched formats sooner than they did had the the listener support been there. The whole experience soured me on radio in general. Two years after I left,  1993, WDCY was sold to a local Baptist Church and for now is in Christian hands, I made an unsuccessful attempt to rejoin 'DCY after the sale, but was told their staff were now all volunteers. I wound up at two other stations in the area, but it was never the same and by 1995 I left radio for good.

Or so I thought. It's 2009 and I am truly excited about radio again. I have started a new Internet radio station http://gospelrewind.listen2myradio.com 

We are 24 hours of Gospel Classics from the late 1950's to the early 1980's and beyond. We aren't restricted to one form of Gospel over another. I assure you the music will be complimentary though. I personally select the programming and will drop in occasionally to speak on the wonderful world of GR. Right now, I'm the only DJ on this commercial free station. The only ads you'll hear for now are the old ones on the occasional featured aircheck from my archives. We're recording live singing in churches and will be playing them soon. They will reflect the oldies singing styles. Till then, may the good news of the Gospel go with you.

No comments: