04 January 2011

One Piece at a Time

Long ago Country music icon Johnny Cash sang One Piece at a Time, in which he was a Detroit assembly line worker bent on owning a new Cadillac. The hero of the song obtained a new car by slowly embezzling it, part by part, home in his lunch box. The automobile was assembled in his driveway; a Frankenstein's Monster of Cadillac parts. I often find myself humming the song while thinking of getting rid of oversize items too big to leave for the trash man. A reverse of the famous song, in February 2010, I rid myself of eyesore living room furniture by sawing wood components into little pieces on its way to the curb. I have promised Angie that my 2011 resolution is to shed the junk around here. We were well on our way becoming featured on the TV show Hoarders. Sooner or later the mess was going to take over the house, so we began the offensive, one piece at a time.

Stay tuned.

No comments: