05 January 2011

Say it Ain't So, Joe

Heard on ESPN radio today: New England Patriot's quarterback Tom Brady has made 335 consecutive pass attempts without a single interception. An impressive feat, to say the least. What I take issue with is his saying the Pat's QB surpasses (wait for it...) Joe Montana. I threw up a little in my mouth. Montana is my all time favorite athlete, no matter the sport. The commentator made a very strong case for Brady with other compelling stats, and tried to paint this generation as the best ever for any sport, except college Basketball. Bull! I see the San Fransisco 49ers football dynasty of the 80's as the best club to have ever lined up behind a pigskin. Period. Joe Montana's was more than statistics, he was part of the best football team of all time; never again to be equaled. 

Stay tuned.

No comments: