26 October 2010

Merry Halloween

Don’t get me wrong: I love Christmas and the songs of the season. This is ridiculous. It appears that on Monday a radio programmer in the Chicago market has already started round-the-clock Christmas music! It’s still a week before Halloween. Back in 1987 I was forced by my station owner to do this on November 15th and though it was crazy. Believe me, it is not because stations like this one in Chicago like the music, per se. There is huge revenue to be made in the nations number 3 market. it won’t be long before our Atlanta, number 7 market, follows suit. Christmas just gets earlier and earlier every year. If only we could start hearing carols sometime around Valentine’s Day. Ho, Ho, Ho! Will you be my Valentine?

Stay tuned

©2010 Neal Rhoden. Gospel Aircheck Blog. All rights reserved

No comments: