05 October 2010

Radio with pictures

Decidedly low budget my one and only video airchecks were done 18 years ago at a 2,500 watt radio station in the hinterland of west Georgia. At that time I had been doing Christian radio for over a decade and was, frankly, burned out. Any job, easy or not, can become stale. I felt no new ground was broken and I had gone as far as my career would take me. A generation later I returned to this VHS-C tape of my last day at radio home three. Through my YouTube channel I have shared portions of the tape; one particular video has got over a thousand hits! Far more people have seen these YouTube videos than we had total listeners in 1993. You’re invited to look, just click on the link. I could kick myself for not taking any still shots on my Cannon 35mm SLR; like I said, by this time interest in my job was at an all time low so the cost of film seem unjustifiable at the time.

Stay tuned

©2010 Neal Rhoden. Gospel Aircheck blog. All rights reserved.

No comments: