15 October 2010

The Vault

Back again to the Gospel Aircheck vault for today's post. The year is 1993 and it is my final broadcast from radio home number four. In September of that year new ownership was about to take over the station. The new owners wanted me to stay and offered me a small bump in salary. The station had been operating on an LMA or local management agreement: that's where an individual or company buys all the air time on a radio station and manages operations in place of the owner. A former colleague from radio homes two and three had an LMA on this station. He hired me the previous year to replace the afternoon DJ. I felt no chemistry with the new owners, so I declined their offer and eventually found myself at an FM station doing a Sunday morning gospel music show where I finished my radio career in 1995. My final announcement is below; it features my theme song Jesus, Be Jesus in Me by Newsong.
Stay tuned

©2010 Neal Rhoden,Gospel Aircheck blog. All rights reserved.

No comments: